Why you need Vacant Home Insurance
Even though a home is vacant, it is still someone’s responsibility. A vacant home is described as a home without substantial furniture or appliances. Vacant homes are almost impossible to live in. Even though these homes may not be occupied, they still must be covered by Vacant House Insurance. When your house becomes vacant for more than 60 days, some of the coverage options on your insurance will not provide protection for your property. An Foremost Vacant Home Insurance policy will protect whatever your standard policy doesn’t.
When do you need Vacant Home Insurance?
- The rental property you own is between tenants
- Moved to a new place but haven’t your property
- Your property is undergoing renovations
- Received ownership of a home in an estate or will
- Left on a sabbatical or extended trip
You still may be thinking: why do I need to insure a house that I don’t live in? A property owner needs insurance for a vacant home because these types of homes are vulnerable to many different types of threats.
These threats include:
- Lack of regular maintenance
- Trespassers can get injured
- Bug infestations
- Damaged pipes
If you own a vacant property, save yourself some money and get it protected. We can help you find the best vacant home insurance rates in the nation. Contact us now and get an instant Foremost Vacant Home Insurance Quote for free!